Our ocean freight services mean smooth sailing for your logistics processes. As one of the world’s largest ocean freight shipping companies, we can offer you tailored solutions for all the challenges associated with transport by sea.
Global presence with local service: DB Schenker can offer you a complete package of services backed by a global network that includes more than 700 ocean freight offices. We link 130 countries by sea and move some 3,800 containers every day.
Your benefits at a glance:
- We can offer you the ocean-freight shipping option that’s right for your needs — no matter where your consignment is headed.
- Enjoy the advantages offered by our complete door-to-door service. We manage pre-carriage and on-carriage scheduling, provide all the necessary equipment, and handle everything else, from customs clearance to warehousing and quality checks.
- Outstanding transit times due to standardized processes and cooperation with top-class ocean carriers
- Flexible multi-modal solutions for pre-carriage and on-carriage transport — you’ll save money through an optimal combination of rail, truck, and inland-waterway shipments.
- Complete support from local experts
- We produce our own DB SCHENKERocean bills of lading* and sea waybills for ocean transport and multi-modal shipments. This enables us to ship your consignment door-to-door with a single document — quickly and without red tape.
- You’ll benefit from competitive rates made possible by the combined purchasing power of a global player.
- Our eServices allow you to track your consignment online throughout the entire transport process.
*These bills of lading meet international standards, including UCP 600 (Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits).
Last modified: 15.09.2014